Sunday, August 25, 2013

Homemade Fruit Snacks


A friend of mine, Rebecca, shared a recipe that she found online and liked for homemade fruit snacks. We tried them out this week as we are really trying to cut out high fructose corn syrup and other potential GMO foods from our diet. They were very easy to make and yummy! I can't wait to try some different flavors. 

Here's the recipe:

3 tablespoons gelatin 
3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup lemon juice (or juice/fruit purée for flavor)

Mix ingredients together and heat on medium until the mixture becomes runny and smooth. Pour into molds and freeze for 10 mins. Pop out fruit snacks and enjoy! 

Tips:

-I used organic cherry juice for flavor
-soak your sauce pan and utensils ASAP! That stuff is sticky!
-Target had some ice cube molds in their dollar section if you need some and are on a budget! 
- I stored mine in the fridge to be safe :)

1 comment:

  1. I've made my own fruit snacks too, so yummy. Yours are much cuter than any I made though. I stored mine in the fridge too. Seems like a good idea...

    ReplyDelete